Assistant Project Manager – Concrete Construction
Chicago, IL & Nashville, TN (2 positions)
- Educational and experience requirements: College degree in Construction Management, Construction Technology, Engineering or an equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience. Minimum 1 to 2 years prior experience as an APM preferred. May also consider a Project Engineer with some experience that wants to advance.
- Strong organizational skills. Problem-solver with great communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.). Ability to work with a variety of computer software products. Understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Effective use of estimating and project management software. Perform accurate and timely estimates. Work with project teams to help exceed client expectations and achieve all project goals. Always communicate in a clear, effective manner. Must be a team player and work efficiently with others.
- Work independently and exercise discretion in day-to-day activities under direction of project manager.
- Review submittals and RFI’s with Project Engineer to ensure timely and correct processing of critical items.
- Assist in proposal request pricing and issuance of change order requests
- Assist in managing financial aspects of day-to-day activities (quantity reporting, review job cost reports, extra work sheets, etc.).
- Assist in negotiating, awarding, and drafting subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Maintain change order logs for suppliers.
- Assist in review and approval of supplier invoices
- Assist PM/SPM in quarterly projections.
- Assist with updating project look ahead schedules.
- Assist with creation and updating of 3D site logistics plans.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings.
- $75-$100K DOE
- Outstanding benefits, 401K, paid vacation, car/truck allowance
- A focus on work/life balance and a positive work culture