Director Of Construction / Concrete
The Director of Construction will support the field operations teams with all aspects including the financial analysis, design, development, and construction. As the Director of Construction, you will lead, coach, and manage the team to ensure that all team members are performing to the companies’ standards and achieve the desired results while finding efficient and effective solutions that meet the collective goals and visions. The descriptions below are representative of, but are not limited to, the duties and responsibilities for this position.
Five Key Roles of the Director of Construction:
- Ensure achievement of the regional financial targets including revenue and net profit through rigorous management of field productivity, equipment utilization, and product quality.
- Review weekly project financial performance with PM to ensure the budget is on track and ensure field productivity is being achieved.
- Validate daily logs are completed on all jobs including any applicable incident reports. Provide mentoring and coaching to the field supervision teams to ensure log/reporting standards are followed by all.
- Develop a recovery plan when project financial performance and productivity are off track. Communicate the recovery plan with Regional Director and Project Team to ensure new targets are achieved.
- Validate standards are implemented for means and methods relating to all constructability decisions (pour sizes, layouts, sequencing, equipment, etc.) on all projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Regional Director to support business development initiatives and opportunities.
- Hold field operations accountable for the use and care of owned and rented equipment.
- Validate estimating assumptions on means and methods for the project including production rates, manpower needs, and equipment utilization with estimating team.
- Directly manage the Field Operations team for designated projects region. This includes mentoring and coaching to improve the overall function and caliber of team members.
- Collaborate with the HR team on all hiring and staffing-related issues.
- Work with PMs and Regional Director to rectify any customer-related issues during the job.
- Ensure all company processes are followed by the field operations teams on all projects.
- Validate project schedule to ensure manpower, materials, and subcontractors are ready in accordance with customer timing.
- Guidance on manpower scheduling and mobilization with General Superintendents to deliver production rates in line with budget.
- Validating equipment utilization and driving optimization when feasible.
- Validating project was completed in accordance with all quality standards.
- Validate all punch list items are completed.
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and ensure training and development needs are identified.
- Execute disciplinary action when needed with the assistance of Human Resources
- Other relevant tasks as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervision role
- Demonstrated ability to execute and manage multiple large scale projects
- Proficiency with Procore or similar construction software
Travel is required for this position. Travel may include, but is not limited to, travel from office to various job sites. Company will compensate for travel when applicable.
As a Director of Construction, you will be subject to various work environments. Environments include but are not limited to the following: high/low temperatures, areas close to traffic, loud and frequent noises, confined spaces, heights, indoor/outdoor settings.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with company contributions
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off